Monday, April 28, 2008

ACK! Boards!

So, Ethan has been studying for his oral board exams...today he has mock orals. He should be in the middle of them right now! I hope he's doing well and that he comes out of this feeling more confident in his abilities.

His real board exam is on June 3, and between now and then, I think I'm going to be a single mom!! :) I'm grateful that he's so diligent, but I'm already ready for the exam to be over and done with. I'm sure he's ready for that, too. And in the meantime, I get to pack, sort, store and label. And manage 2 kids.

One thing I've been trying to manage is eating. Don't get me wrong, Ev is a fantastic eater. He'll try anything once, and he usually likes it when he tries. It just takes him an AGE!! Tonight, he sat (ok, not really) at the table and "ate" for an hour and a half. When I finally declared him done with dinner, he was SO mad that he didn't get to eat more??!?!!! WHAT!!?!! You've been staring at your food for an hour and a half! *sigh* What he likes to do is take a bite, get up and play, take a bite, run around the house, take a bite, pitch a fit when I ask him to sit down, have me feed him a bite, go play with his airplane, take a bite, go potty, go to his room and put on his pants, go check the mail, take a bite, complain for juice...you get the idea. :) It gets old, so I often miss Ethan when he's out studying...it's nice to be able to take a 10 minute breather when he can fill in!!

BUT, he needs to pass and I'm glad for him to study...I think we're just ALL ready to be done with this part! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew. Leaves me tired just to read that! Hang in there. We love you!