Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No rest for the weary

Yikes. I hate it when days start out like this. It seems as though the deck is stacked against me. I'm tired already because I've not been sleeping well...so last night I went to bed early in hopes of a good night's rest.

Yeah. Right.

It seems every time I do just that, it backfires. Tate was awake and screaming between 2 and 3 this morning and then he woke up a 5:21. It's now 6:05 and he's still screaming. He's had a bottle and a diaper change and I know he's fine, he's just got some serious screaming stamina. Of course, this has woken up Everett. When Ev is awake at 5:30 the day is always hard, especially when he fell asleep at 9. I JUST don't look forward to hard days. I'm not sure I know anyone who does...and as I sit here and type, the dread I feel just grows and grows. And then it branches out. "How horrible is it going to be to travel across the country with a baby who still wakes and cries at night? What's that going to do to the rest of us? Should we get a hotel room just for him? How much will THAT be?" "And when we live in a townhouse, are our new neighbors who will share a wall with us going to hate us? Or report us to CPS for letting our kid cry it out?" AGH.

Just go to sleep! I know you're tired...

No comments: