Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Poor baby!


There's nothing like your kid getting hurt to make you ache all over and really just worry and worry.

Ev's not been sleeping well, so he's very tired and clumsy as a result. He tripped over his blankie this morning as we were making his bed and landed with his chin on his bed railing. His poor chin is HUGE and bloody and I've never heard him scream and cry like that. I mean, this is the kid who never cries due to being hurt physically; in fact, we joke that he feels no pain at all, much like me. :) He'll fall and just keep on running most of the time, so when he cries, we know it's for real. The crash was so loud, I thought he'd broken his jaw so I paged Ethan...Ethan came home and Ev is just fine...but...oh, it hurts! Putting ice on it hurt him, and cleaning the wound with hydrogen peroxide was horrific for him. He's got a nasty blood blister on the inside of his bottom lip and his chin is about twice as big as it normally is. *sigh* I just feel for him, poor guy. Thankfully, he's napping now. Maybe he'll catch up on some much needed zzzzz's.

And now, off to do laundry...

No comments: