Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas, 2007!

Kids make Christmas fantastic...and fantastically exhausting, too. :) We spent Christmas with Ethan's family this year, and it was a great time. Ev and his cousin Miles played and played and wore each other out. Tate did a great time sleeping in a new place, and we had an all-around good time with family. I'm lucky to have married into such an awesome group...everyone is unique, spectacular in their own way and I love each and every one of them all...I can't imagine life without them as my own family.

You'll have to forgive me as I write in stream-of-consciousness form...I haven't slept much and remembering everything in order is too much. :D Some of my favorite memories: I was helping Everett take his nap, and I cuddled up with him to sing to him, and he started to stroke my hair and said, "My sweet Mommy....My sweet Mommy..." I mean, a heart melting moment...I will always cherish that memory.

It was fun to watch Everett open up gifts...he LOVED his Noah's Ark and his animal puzzle. (Thank you to oompa toys dot com for having amazing toys for kids, by the way.) He plays with his toys so well, and really uses his imagination to have them do fun things...like go to Chick-fil-a if they obey. :)

I loved to watch Everett give Tate "loves" and interact with all of his older cousins, too. He thinks they're way cool, obviously. :) I think what he really appreciates is being able to play hard and wrestle and run...and he doesn't end up smashing them because, for once, THEY are bigger than HE is! :)

Christmas Eve service was great, too. The Church obviously knew it'd be packed with families with small children, since the service was 30 minutes long; but it was great with good songs. Everett loved watching the lady play the violin. And eating all of Miller's Cheerio's, too. He was unsure of what to do with the candle, and tried to blow it out the whole time...it was quite cute, since he actually CAN blow out a candle. He thinks it's cool.

We had fun seeing our good friends, Andy and Shelley, if even for a short while. They are dear to us, for sure.

Ruth got a Wii, and we ALL had a great time playing...from the youngest to the oldest! I won in Bowling, even beating out my way cool nephews!! :) Tennis was fun, although playing with 4 can be confusing.

Ethan played rounds of basketball with the older nephews and brothers-in-law ...I think they could have kept going and going.

We ate lots of cookies, had great breakfasts, mostly prepared by the amazing Kirsten...she makes some mean eggs! Speaking of Kirsten, it was so nice to be up in the morning and have her company along with Brady! It can stink to be the only one awake for hours and hours, so having her to talk with and have coffee with was so great. She's fantastic, and I only wish I could have her disposition.

It was great to spend more time with Kathleen, too. I think I get jipped on spending as much time with her as I'd like; I think she and I have a lot in common and I enjoy her company. Her kids are so great...you should see Caleb with his younger cousins. He's gentle, fun and involved, which is a lot to say for a 15 year old.

Megan's cookie party was delectable. It was fun to catch up with some of her friends and have treats at the same time. Megan is great at bringing people together for a fun time. She's a great sister in law and Aunt to my boys. We share lots of laughs as we bring up boys together and there is a lot to be said for commiserating together, too!! :)

As per usual, we spent a lot of time at the park. That park is worth it's weight in gold. :) It was so fun to watch Everett take Bella for a walk while we were there...although, I think Bella took Everett for a walk, if the truth be told.

Everett also watched his first full-feature film..."The Polar Express"...and fell in LOVE. All he talks about is the "story of the train...chuga-chuga-CHOO-CHOO!" :) We're going to have to buy it, now. He and his daddy bonded as they watched it together for the first time. It was really sweet to see them lie down on the couch all cuddled up in blankets and watch a movie.

I did miss seeing my family, but I know that what they were doing was so important. They went to AZ to help re-do Jeff and Cindy's house. That's what we did for Christmas, instead of giving gifts and the like. I'm glad for the generosity and self-sacrifice of my family!

I can't think right now, so I'll have to come back and add more later...with pictures! :)

No comments: