Saturday, March 29, 2008

Download

I keep babbling and babbling on and on. I wish I could just use one of those cool port thingys and download my brain onto it and then put it on here. It'd be easier. :)

I guess I just feel like there are so many things going on right now. It's definitely a busy time of life and with that come all of the accompanying emotions. For example, our move to VA is coming up. I was looking at the charlottesville.org website for parks and things to do around town and all of the sudden, I got those tears. You know the ones. The ones that really actually HURT as they exit your eyes. Why would I get those? I guess I didn't realize yet that one of the emotions running through my veins was one of sadness. Who knew it'd be possible to be sad to leave where we are now?? When we got here 5 years ago, we hated the town. And yes, it's still a dump of a town, but we've got friends here. And a Church home. And people I can call to go with me for coffee. And I know the grocery store like the back of my hand. And I have a doctor, dentist, OBGYN, gym, running track through our neighborhood...it's all familiar. And leaving what is familiar can be sad. I'm not nervous anymore; I'm SURE I'll enjoy VA. I'm positive about that. Once we get there, it'll be so fun to make new friends and explore a new town, a new area, a new state, for that matter. But the leaving is always hard. I should be used to it by now as I am an MK after all, but I'm not. Saying good bye to people and places never gets any easier.

And that's just 1mb of the junk rolling around in my brain, ready for download...

No comments: