Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is risen!!

He is risen, indeed!

Happy Easter, everyone! It's early morning and I'm up making hot cross buns...I like to have a special breakfast as well as a nice lunch on Easter. Maybe I just like to eat, but I like to think I'm making things fun by having good food. It must be an Oltrogge thing; I think we all are of like mind in that area! :) In any case, it's a good day to celebrate the Risen One!!

All of my boys are asleep and it's nice to have a moment to myself. Yesterday was a horrible day, so gathering my thoughts after that is important to me. Everett is either sick or something is not quite right...I know he's making his molars and he's totally annoyed about that...but he's got this cough...it sounds awful. I've been thinking it was leftover from the flu we had, but I'm not sure anymore. Anyway, he's not been sleeping well as a result, and he's always a tyrant when he's tired. So, by the end of the day, I was crying with him. GAH! It feels like he was in time out all day long...*sigh* I'm ready for him to get out of the terrible twos/threes. Tate, as usual, is still an angel baby. He's crawling, though, which has added a new layer to his relationship with his brother...one that Ev isn't so glad to have. We're working on it...but "sharing" is a 4 letter word in Ev's mind, I think. :) I can't say that I don't understand...sometimes, it's hard for me to share and I'm 33! Anyway, all of that to say that I hope today is better than yesterday; I can't imagine it being worse!!

So, the question for the day is: "How to make Easter understandable to a 3 year old?" I don't know that I can, but I hope and pray that Ev and Tate will understand as they grow. Christmas isn't about gifts and Easter isn't about candy...and yet, that's all they really understand right now. I pray that as they grow, they see themselves for who they really are, and see the Savior for who He really is.

Well, I'd better go tend to my buns. ;) Ev and I made carrot cake yesterday...he was so excited that I had a hard time not letting him have a slice, so our dessert for today is already missing a few pieces. Too fun....at least we had that, huh?? :)

No comments: