Sunday, August 10, 2008

Communion of the Saints

We've been "breaking bread" together as a family here in so many fun ways. I've been making my favorite Oatmeal Bread from my favorite cookbook ever. Yes, Mom...I still have YOUR copy of More With Less. Just in case you were wondering where it was. So, yesterday, I took the boys to City Market and we saw a vendor who had fresh honey with the honeycomb included in the jar. YUMMY. We love honey, and it's especially good on the bread I make. Toasted. With a little dab of butter...and fresh honey. That honey is so delicious, that we ate a whole half of a loaf of toasted bread slathered with honey within 20 minutes. Mmmmm...if it's this good here, I can't wait for heaven.


So, while we were at City Market, we gathered up some goods to make dinner for the evening. We made plans, thanks to our neighbors who told us about it, to attend Starry Night at Veritas Vineyards. Every month, they put on an outdoor concert...you can bring a picnic and listen to music in the beautiful setting of their vineyard...right at the base of the mountains. Ok, so words don't express how gorgeous it is. The weather was perfect, the scenery was to die for. The music was a live band covering swing. They were excellent. Everett and I danced for a long time, and Ethan and Tate joined us, too. The dinner? Well, we got fresh roma tomatoes, fresh basil and delicious artisan parmesan cheese, and combined it with pasta, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, chicken, for the best dinner ever. We bought peaches and made peach cobbler, and had delicious blackberries to boot. It was heavenly. And the wine from Veritas was fantastic. I'd highly recommend it. But mostly, if you get to come visit us, come for September 13. We'll take you back to Veritas and we'll listen to live Bluegrass music. I might even make dinner again!!






4 comments:

Anna said...

Bluegrass music! Girl, you are speaking my love language. :o)

Sounds like a wonderful time.

Dave said...

Yum! Sounds delicious. We'll expect some of that bread and honey in November. :-)

Sarah said...

No worries, Daddy! I've been making bread like crazy!! :) You'll love it! :)

Christine Hoover said...

Sarah,
Thanks for contacting me through my blog. We are actually leaving tomorrow to head up to VA. My husband is already there so I'm anxious to get there. I look forward to meeting you. Let's try to get together sometime soon! It looks like we have boys similar in age. My email is christinehoover98@gmail.com. Will you email me next week and we can figure something out?