Thursday, August 28, 2008

When you want something

Ethan and I are on different pages about another child. It's been a little rough lately, because I have that strong desire for another and he has a strong desire to be just where we are.

It's hard to be a woman sometimes...and have to listen to someone else's opinion on what we should do for our lives, and then have to submit to that, especially when their decision is so entirely permanent and life altering. This is somewhere where not submitting would be a disaster...

So what do you do?? I don't know...I'm kind of glad it's a rainy day, though: I'm going to have an ultrasound today to make sure it's OK to go on birth control. I'm going to need some hot chocolate today...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're going through a rough patch right now ... I wish I could say I understand, but I'm still at the point in my life where I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with only one child. Still, I CAN empathize with the difficulty of having two separate opinions in a marriage, and having to submit. Especially having to submit.

Thanks for your comment on my post; it's nice knowing I'm not the only one out there feeling this way! As for my theology ... someday I'll work up enough courage to talk about it again. :)

Dave said...

We'll be praying for you as you work through all this. It's not easy, for sure. We love you.