Sunday, September 7, 2008

Band-aids




Bandaids come in all shapes and sizes, I've decided. After our rough day on Friday, we decided to have a low key day at home on Saturday. It was raining, anyway, so it was probably best that way, anyway. We watched Saturday morning cartoons (ok, we watched Caillou and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood...) and played out front. I took the boys with me to the gym and I took a tough yoga class...Ethan stayed home and made a lot of calls and made contacts for jobs. Then we decided to go apple picking.

There's an orchard about 10 minutes drive from our house, right next to Monticello. Yes, THE Monticello. It's on top of a beautiful mountain and we could see just about everywhere. It was nice to get outside. Everett LOVED picking the apples, and actually ate 2 for dinner. I think he may have had a bite of spaghetti, but the apples were the main dish. They were absolutely delicious and at 99 cents a pound, a great deal! I can't wait to go back and get a whole bunch and make apple butter...my favorite.

On our way up to Carter Mountain Orchard, the Ft. Collins contact Ethan had, called! He said they might add another position and would Ethan still interview? Of course, he said he was still interested, so that's back on. Whew. But the good thing that came out of it is that Ethan now has made contacts in lots of other places, too, so that he'll have options. :)

So, my boo-boo's are better thanks to the band-aids of a low-key day, a great yoga class, apple picking with my boys, the call from Ft Collins...well, and I guess God may have had a hand in all of that to begin with. :)

No comments: