Saturday, September 20, 2008

A thought for a friend

Sometimes, I wish I knew who was reading this blog!! :) I have a friend who I hope reads this quote. You'll know who you are.

"We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul and closer than our most secret thoughts." --A.W. Tozer

Maybe I'm writing that for my own good!! :) This was in our Church bulletin last week, and I just read it last night. It made me think of a friend who had asked me to pray for them since they weren't so sure God was going to hear them. I feel that way a lot. Sometimes I wonder if my prayers hit the ceiling and no one hears. Yes, I feel like Orual now and then. But, the truth isn't always what is obvious or right in front of us, or even what we feel.

Yeah, this might be more for me!! :)

2 comments:

Dave said...

There are times when I run out of words, not knowing if what I'm praying makes sense or is even appropriate. At those times I fall back on Romans 8:

"Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayers out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans." (The Message)

Rachel Melone said...

Thanks Sarah.