Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Is this hamburger music??

Yesterday was Labor Day, and in honor, we decided to make hamburgers on the grill with Everett. He's in love with the grill (thank you, David!) and loves to help Ethan out with all of that big boy stuff. So, we had all of the windows and doors open, we're eating our delicious dinner and Ethan puts on some good music to help celebrate. Ok, Dad, don't roll your eyes, but it wasn't classical music. :) It was good old mix of stuff like Van Morrison, Aaron Neville, CCR...that sort of stuff. So, Everett gets up to dance to the music (with hamburger in hand) and promptly asks, "Is this hamburger music??" Very astute, if I may say so. Yes, it IS hamburger/Labor Day/all of the windows open on a gorgeous day/we're tired because we had so much fun sort of music.

Today my little smarty-pants went to preschool!! I took a little picture of him as we were leaving for school. He doesn't have his way cool backpack yet, since it's still being shipped out here, so I'll take another when it comes. Anyway, we're walking up to preschool and all of his friends are having pictures taken with their parents and whatnot....So I ask him if I can take another picture of him by his school or with one of his teachers. "NO, Mommy! I'm a big boy now. No more pictures." ACK! He can't be THAT big. :) Needless to say, I'll take more as I can. It's fun to see him grow and put things together. New ideas and new thoughts and relationships. I asked him on the way to school this morning, what the letter C said. He made the "ssss" sound and said, "But the C makes two sounds, Mommy. It says 'ssss' and it says 'k' too." Then he thought for a minute and said, "The letter S makes the 'ssss' sound, too. It's a little confusing." :) Yes, it is. And you're bright for putting it all together, Ev.

Time really flies...and I'm glad for hamburger music to listen to as it goes...

1 comment:

Dave said...

Well, I'm afraid I rolled my eyes anyway: I've never even heard of any of those three performers/groups you listed! I'll bet if Handal were alive today, he'd compose some hamburger music to complement his water music!