Friday, September 5, 2008

Let's be blunt: Some days are horrible.

And I'd rather move to Australia. It's been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

First, the boys were up very early. Ethan had to go in to work early and so we were all up. And we were all grumpy. And no one wanted to obey or pay attention or be calm or sweet. Even Tate tried to break our lamp and pull it over on to the TV and thought it was SO funny. Blah.

Then, I get a call from our realtor. She's worked SO hard to sell our house and we had had a contingent offer on it. Along came a better offer, so we dropped the contingent one and took the new one. The new guys had their inspection yesterday and terminated today. They had a structural engineer come over and he thinks that the house needs significant work. Why, after 60 years, it needs it is unknown to me, but I don't know much. Anyway, that sank my heart. I knew it'd be so hard for Ethan, too.

Then the boys didn't nap well, Tate's been screaming bloody murder due to his teething and...well, you get the idea.

Ethan just called....the interview and possible position at Ft. Collins (much desired by him) is probably out. A co-fellow of his is likely to take the job, since he's been in contact with them for many years. His wife dropped out of her fellowship here and that means he needs a job for next year...and they only have one opening for the position. So...there's that, too.

And...to top it off, I'm out of gin.

Edited to add: I DO realize that this isn't the end of the world and that there are many out there with significantly worse things to deal with than I have ever faced or will ever face...it's just that this is hard for me at this moment. I'm sure there will come a day when it will even be comical, but that day is not this day just yet.

2 comments:

aglen said...

Hate it...and NO gin! Come to my house...we have rum ;)

Dave said...

Sure wish we could paint some merthiolate on it, blow it, put on a band-aid, and kiss it...

We love you.